The perfect summer treat!
Last week I collaborated with a few ladies on Instagram to come up with a dessert idea. I’d been thinking about this one for a few weeks now, so it was really fun to put it together and have it be a success.
This No-Bake Strawberry Pie is sweet, tarty, and has a bit of a crunch with the graham cracker crust — it is so lovely to look at and to eat! It has quickly become one of my favourite desserts and I’ll definitely be making it again very soon.
Recipe: No-Bake Strawberry Pie
Time: 40 minutes (including prep and assembling)
Serves: 4-10 people
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces), softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered/confectioners sugar
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 1 package of strawberries to decorate with
- Combine the crust ingredients together (graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter) and press it onto the bottom of a glass pie plate, refrigerate until you have to take it out again to pour the filling
- Use a mixer to blend cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract together until it has a creamy consistency; set it aside
- Mix whipping cream and powdered sugar together very quickly until it becomes frothy; fold in the cream cheese mixture until everything is blended well
- Mix the diced strawberries in with the cream
- Take your pie plate out of the fridge and spread the strawberries and cream evenly on the crust
- Decorate the top as you wish — I loved doing this floral pattern with strawberries!
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 4-5 hours before serving; it is best served once it has been in the fridge overnight so everything solidifies nicely.
It looks a lot more complicated than it is! Try it yourself, and be sure to share your creation with me @anumrubec or #BakingwithAnum.