Magic cookie bars are a Rubec classic.
I still remember the first time I tried them. Back when James and I were dating, his mom had sent over a lovely box of baked goods for my family to enjoy over the holidays. I immediately emailed her requesting the recipe for these scrumptious treats, and have been attempting to make them as good as her since.
We make magic cookie bars often; all you have to do is sprinkle one ingredient after another and give it some time to bake and chill. They turn out delicious every single time! Just be prepared to share the recipe with friends and family as soon as you serve them. 😂
The image above shows how your baking pan will look prior to going in the oven. Again, since my pan was smaller it looks like a lot more Eagle Brand on top.
See the images below for how the magic cookie bars will look after baking! Be sure to let them cool before cutting.
Recipe: Magic Cookie Bars
Time: 50 minutes (including prep and baking)
Serves: 16-25 pieces (depending on how you cut them!)
What you’ll need:
- 2 1/2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups coconut, flaked
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 14-oz. Eagle Brand condensed milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and put parchment paper on the base of a 9×9-inch pan
- Mix together corn flakes, sugar and melted butter and pat it on the parchment paper, making sure the entire base is covered
- Sprinkle the ingredients over the first mixture in order (chocolate chips, coconut, chopped pecans) and drizzle the Eagle Brand condensed milk all over
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, then let it cool completely before cutting
- TIP! After letting it cool on the counter, I will usually put it in the fridge and cut the pieces later that evening or the next day, it is much easier
Enjoy! If you try my recipe be sure to share your creation with me @anumrubec or #BakingwithAnum.