I honestly can’t tell you how many chocolate chip cookie recipes I’ve tried until determining this to be THE ONE that’s superior to them all.
These chocolate chip and pecan cookies are soft, chewy, firm, sweet, salty. All of the things! I originally discovered this recipe from Dear Chrissy, but have made minor tweaks to fit my taste.
My favourite part about this chocolate chip cookie recipe is that you don’t have to wait hours to serve them; they are prepared and ready to eat in 30 minutes!
Recipe: Chewy, Salty Chocolate Chip & Pecan Cookies
Time: 30 minutes (including prep and baking)
Serves: 20-24 cookies
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (I usually do half/half)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional but we love nuts in this house!)
- Coarse sea salt, finely ground
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- TIP! I normally get two baking sheets ready because this recipe often makes a lot of cookies depending on how small or large you want them to be
- In a bowl combine your dry ingredients except for sugar (flour, baking soda, salt) and set aside
- In a large bowl mix the butter, sugars and vanilla extract until you have a smooth texture; mix in the egg until it is evenly combined
- Stir in the dry mix until everything is combined
- Fold in your chocolate chips and pecans (optional) into the batter
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop little dallops of batter onto your baking sheet
- TIP! I always leave about 2-3 inches between each cookie so they don’t stick to each other
- Sprinkle each cookie with a little bit of sea salt and bake for 8-10 minutes; they are ready when they are light brown and look a little underdone in the middle
- TIP! We have coarse sea salt in a grinder and usually ground a little bit onto each cookie for a fresh savoury taste
- Let them sit on the sheet for 10ish minutes before transferring them to a cookie rack
Enjoy! If you try my recipe be sure to share your creation with me @anumrubec or #BakingwithAnum.